Bring the best spring flavors together in these delectable miniature tarts. Raspberries and blueberries both work well with the whipped cream and lemon curd mixture; choose your favorite or use mixed berries instead. These sweet treats are great for a ladies tea, brunch or spring holiday celebration. —Mary J. Walters, Westerville, Ohio
Recommended: 27 Favorite Mini Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened mixed berries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup lemon curd
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh berries, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Using a 4-in. round cookie cutter, cut 12 circles, rerolling scraps as necessary. Press circles onto bottoms and up sides of ungreased muffin cups.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch; toss with berries and lemon juice. Spoon 2 tablespoons filling into each cup. Bake on a lower oven rack until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 24-26 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; cool completely.
- For topping, beat cream until soft peaks form. In another bowl, mix lemon curd, sugar, vanilla and 1 tablespoon whipped cream; fold in remaining whipped cream. Spoon over filling. If desired, top with fresh berries. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Berry Tartlets in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2018