Berry Surprise Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 strawberry Fruit Roll-Ups, unrolled
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 6 pouches strawberry Fruit Snacks
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, egg whites and canola oil. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Cut each fruit roll into eight pieces; place one piece over batter in each cup. Fill two-thirds full with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost with vanilla frosting; decorate with Fruit Snacks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 207 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 29, 2016
These were delish!! I've been trying to sort out different Valentine recipes to fix for church kids and although this was a pretty good hit with "my testers" they didn't think it had the pizazz others might. So off we go for more tasting.
Nov 25, 2014
Aug 21, 2010
My 4 yr old son enjoyed helping with this recipe. Fun to make and fun to eat for little ones.
Aug 17, 2010
Aug 16, 2010
Made them for a family picnic. Were a hit with everyone, especially the kids. I used cream cheese frosting and assorted fruit snacks.
Aug 12, 2010
These are really yummy!! The only thing I did different was to roll up pieces of the fruit-roll-up instead of laying it flat - very, very good, and a huge hit with the kids(and husband)!!! I also used cream cheese frosting cuzz it's my fave!!Thanks for the recipe - I think I'll try the apricot F.R.U.'s next time!!
Aug 9, 2010
its easy and the surprise fruit loop is really a SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!