Berry Sponge Cakes
This fancy treat for two looks like you fussed, but it's easy to make with convenient prepared pudding and sponge cakes. "My husband enjoys this dessert featuring seasonal fruit," says Bonnie Buckley of Kansas City, Missouri.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 snack-size cup (3-1/2 ounces) vanilla pudding
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 individual round sponge cakes
- 1/2 cup mixed fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, sliced strawberries)
- 2 tablespoons whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine pudding and vanilla until blended. Top each sponge cake with pudding and berries. Dollop with whipped topping; sprinkle with almonds.
Editor's Note: This recipe was prepared with Jell-O pudding cups, which have six cups in each package.
Originally published as Berry Sponge Cakes in Taste of Home February/March 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.