Berry Special Pie
To round out the meal, Eve serves Berry Special Pie. She developed the refreshing dessert after tasting something similar at a restaurant. "It's light and not too sweet," she says. "Thanks to a prepared crumb crust, it goes together quickly. We love it with raspberries, but you can substitute any fresh berries.
Total TimePrep/Ttotal Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over the bottom of pie crust. Top with raspberries and whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 254 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Berry Special Pie in Quick Cooking July/August 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.