To round out the meal, Eve serves Berry Special Pie. She developed the refreshing dessert after tasting something similar at a restaurant. "It's light and not too sweet," she says. "Thanks to a prepared crumb crust, it goes together quickly. We love it with raspberries, but you can substitute any fresh berries.
Recommended: Classic American Pie Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 or 9 inches)
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over the bottom of pie crust. Top with raspberries and whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Berry Special Pie in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p16
Reviews forBerry Special Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2014