Berry Rhubarb Fool Recipe
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar, orange juice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Cool slightly.
- 2. Process rhubarb mixture in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- 3. Just before serving, in a small bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold into pureed rhubarb. Alternately layer cream mixture and strawberries into six parfait glasses. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 212 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Berry Rhubarb Fool
"For a more traditional fool, don't fully mix the rhubarb and whipped cream; it should be swirled through the cream so streaks of fruit show."