- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar, orange juice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Cool slightly.
- Process rhubarb mixture in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- Just before serving, in a small bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. In parfait glasses, alternately layer whipped cream, berries and rhubarb mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBerry Rhubarb Fool
"This is Sooooo Good! We eat it with our garden Rhubarb."
"For a more traditional fool, don't fully mix the rhubarb and whipped cream; it should be swirled through the cream so streaks of fruit show."