Berry Pretzel Fluff Dessert
If you're asked to bring dessert to a summer potluck, this is the perfect recipe. It can be made ahead and you don't have to heat up your oven. Don't plan on leftovers! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each ) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups quartered fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves, optional
- Additional whipped cream and miniature pretzels, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, toss pretzels with sugar and melted butter. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. dish. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, ricotta, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and grated lemon zest until smooth. In another bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture.
- 3. Spread over pretzel layer. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours. Just before serving, toss berries with apricot preserves if desired; sprinkle over top of dessert. If desired, top each serving with additional whipped cream and miniature pretzels.
1 piece: 390 calories, 26g fat (16g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC