- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup chopped dried plums
- 1/3 cup each fresh or frozen blueberries, raspberries and sliced strawberries
- 2 garlic cloves, cut into slivers
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam
- Cut a horizontal slit through the center of the pork roast to within 1/2 in. of the opposite side; open roast so it lies flat (see page 38). Combine the fruit; place on one side of roast. Fold other side of meat over filling; tie securely with kitchen string. Cut slits in roasts; insert garlic slivers. Place in an ungreased shallow baking pan. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the wine or broth, brown sugar and jam. Drizzle over roast. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 75-80 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forBerry Pretty Pork Roast
"Have been making this recipes for a few years now and I get rave reviews from my guests!"