Berry Oat Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves, warmed
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and salt. Stir in butter until blended.
- Press 1-1/2 cups of oat mixture into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Carefully spread preserves over crust; sprinkle with blueberries. Top with remaining oat mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 300 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 11, 2011
"This stuff is really good," said my husband after his 2nd serving of the day. I had to substitute orange marmalade for half of the raspberry preserves, and I think it brought another flavor to the party. We microwave each serving for about 15 seconds for a eat-with-a-spoon yummy treat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.