Berry Nut Tarts
Cranberries are a delicious addition to this spin on individual pecan pies. Folks have a hard time eating only one. —Lena Ehlert, Vancouver, British Columbia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup finely chopped cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until creamy; gradually add flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Cut dough into 12 portions. Press onto the bottom and all the way up the sides of greased muffin cups. In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla. Stir in the cranberries and pecans. Spoon into prepared crusts.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 289 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Berry Nut Tarts in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.