Berry Nice Brisket
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 3 hours + standing
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine flour and broth until smooth. Stir in the cranberry sauce, cranberry juice, garlic and rosemary. Pour into a large roasting pan. Top with onion slices.
- Season the brisket with salt and pepper. Place fat side up in the pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until meat is tender, basting occasionally.
- Remove brisket to a serving platter and let stand for 15 minutes. Thinly slice meat across the grain; serve with onion and pan juices.
Editor's NoteThis is a fresh beef brisket, not corned beef.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 219 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 20, 2011
Delicious brisket, the gravy is wonderful
Oct 30, 2010
THIS IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST BRISKET! I MADE THIS FOR A FAMILY COOK OFF CONTEST WE HAVE EVERY YEAR AND WON! EVERYONE WANTED THE RECIPE. THIS HAS BECOME ONE OF MY FAMILIES MOST REQUESTED MEALS. BRISKET IS VERY TENDER AND THE GRAVY IS OUT OF THIS WORLD. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SOME EXTRA BREAD I FIND MYSELF CLEANING THE CASSEROLE DISH WITH BREAD TO GET EVERY DROP OF THE GRAVY. I HAVE ALSO SUBITUTED THE CRANBERRY JUICE WITH MERLOT AND IT IS GREAT. THIS GRAVY IS GREAT.