Edna Woodward from Fredericksburg, Texas lightened up one of her favorite recipes and this is the delicious result. She likes to serve it with low-fat vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup each fresh blackberries, blueberries and raspberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- In a large bowl, combine the berries and apple. Combine sugar and cornstarch; sprinkle over fruit and gently toss to coat.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 228 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 57mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Berry-Licious Cobbler in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.