Berry Granola Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons dried blueberries
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, corn syrup, molasses and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, cinnamon and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the pecans, blueberries and cranberries.
- Press into an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until set and edges are browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 130 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 28, 2016
Waaaaaay better then anything you buy in the store. So many flavor possibilities by changing the fruits, nuts, etc.
Oct 17, 2012
molasses adds great flavor! A little more crumbly than I expected but so delicious.
Jan 27, 2012
I doubled the recipe and used what ingredients I had on hand. I used walnuts instead of pecans, and raisins instead of dried blueberries. We don't do corn syrup and corn sugar, so I used locally 'grown' honey instead of corn syrup. The honey may have made them a little sweeter, so when I make them again, I'll use 1 1/2 teaspoons rather than 2. Even with all the changes, these were great!! We have a chicken farm, so we always have farm fresh eggs - and I like the idea of using wheat flour also!! Will do that next time.
Aug 3, 2011
There are very tasty! I did change a few things, doubled the cinnamon and substituted the AP flour for whole wheat pastry flour. Next time I am doubling the recipe!