Berry Granola Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons dried blueberries
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, corn syrup, molasses and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, cinnamon and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the pecans, blueberries and cranberries.
- Press into an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until set and edges are browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 130 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
May 28, 2016
Waaaaaay better then anything you buy in the store. So many flavor possibilities by changing the fruits, nuts, etc.
Oct 17, 2012
molasses adds great flavor! A little more crumbly than I expected but so delicious.
Jan 27, 2012
I doubled the recipe and used what ingredients I had on hand. I used walnuts instead of pecans, and raisins instead of dried blueberries. We don't do corn syrup and corn sugar, so I used locally 'grown' honey instead of corn syrup. The honey may have made them a little sweeter, so when I make them again, I'll use 1 1/2 teaspoons rather than 2. Even with all the changes, these were great!! We have a chicken farm, so we always have farm fresh eggs - and I like the idea of using wheat flour also!! Will do that next time.
Aug 3, 2011
There are very tasty! I did change a few things, doubled the cinnamon and substituted the AP flour for whole wheat pastry flour. Next time I am doubling the recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.