Cranberries give extra holiday appeal to this gelatin salad sent in by Elise Spring of Bellevue, Ohio. "A co-worker always shares this festive fruit ring with us at staff potlucks," she relates.
Recommended: Who Knew You Could Do That with Jello?
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup red wine or grape juice
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. add cranberry sauce, pineapple, wine or juice and walnuts; mix well. To evenly distribute fruit and nuts, chill until partially set, about 2 hours. Then pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set. Unmold onto a serving plate. In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and orange peel. Serve with the salad. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Berry Gelatin Ring in Quick Cooking December 2000, p12