Berry & Ganache Cheesecake Bars
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- CHEESECAKE LAYER:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (9 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries or blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, mix cracker crumbs, pecans and salt; stir in melted butter. Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Spread over crust. Bake until center is almost set, 15-20 minutes. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; let stand 5 minutes. Stir with a whisk until smooth. Stir in vinegar and corn syrup; cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Pour over cheesecake layer; let stand 5 minutes. Top with berries.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours, covering when completely cooled. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 233 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 31, 2016
For something that sounds so yummy, these were a huge disappointment. I only logged on to the site to see if there was a correction in the amount of balsamic vinegar - that's all you could taste. The crust was a crumbly mess; completely fell apart when I tried lift it out of the pan. Yes, I followed the directions as written. Don't bother with this recipe!