Berry Delicious Smoothies
My son and I like to make this summery smoothie together. It's fun to make and healthy, too. —Elizabeth Stewart, Crab Orchard, West Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free strawberry Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup acai mixed berry V8 juice blend
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened blackberries
- 1/2 cup frozen pitted dark sweet cherries
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 167 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 6g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat-free milk.
Originally published as Berrylicious smoothie in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012