Berry Cute Santas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 12 red-frilled toothpicks
- 12 large strawberries, cut in half widthwise
- 24 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 fudge-covered cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- Cut twelve 1-in. cubes from pound cake (save remaining cake for another use). For icing, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar on high speed until light and fluffy. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a #18 star tip. Fill bag with icing.
- For each Santa, thread a frilled toothpick through a pointed strawberry half, then through a cake cube and a second strawberry half. For eyes, place a dab of icing on the bottoms of two chocolate chips; press onto cake. Pipe icing to form beards and to add fur brims below strawberry hats. Place each Santa on a cookie; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 167 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 4, 2014
This got raves! It is better to make this fresh instead of overnight but I prepped everything so I could put them together faster. I would push the pointy ends of the mini chips into the cake face so the eyes look better. A little difficult to transport but I used a muffin pan so they wouldn't fall on each other. The cookies are just a base....I couldn't "stick' them on. So, again, assemble that last minute before presentation. I would do these again just because they are so cute!
Dec 17, 2011
so cute my family really loved them
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.