Berry Cream Pancakes
—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes8-10 filled pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- CREAM FILLING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk and butter. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes; cook until second side is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread down the center of each pancake; top with strawberries. Fold pancake over filling.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 510 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 649mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Berry Cream Pancakes in Your Family Premiere 2003