- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- Chopped fresh strawberries, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Beat cream cheese, sugar and jam until blended. Fold in whipped cream and, if desired, food coloring. Refrigerate.
- For batter, whisk sugar, flour and salt; stir in egg whites and vanilla until smooth. Whisk in butter until blended. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Preparing four cookies at a time, drop batter by 1-1/2 teaspoonfuls 4 in. apart onto prepared pans. Bake until edges are lightly browned, 5-8 minutes.
- Loosen each cookie and curl around a wooden spoon handle. Press lightly to seal; hold until set, about 20 seconds. Transfer to waxed paper to cool. Repeat with remaining cookies. If cookies become too cool to shape, return to oven for 1 minute to soften.
- Just before serving, spoon filling into cookie shells. Or pipe it by cutting a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag and inserting a star tip, then transferring filling to bag. After filling shells, dip ends of cookies into chopped strawberries if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews forBerry-Cream Cookie Snaps
"I loved everything about this recipe. Definitely worth the work, it is a show stopper on the cookie tray."
"Delicious recipe although they are a lot of work. Be sure to flatten the batter with the back of the teaspoon or your shells will be mini. After we figured out this trick, they were much better. Tastes like a fortune cookie with a refreshing filling!"
"these were really good! They weren't too hard to make either."
"I loved these cookies. I made the cookies and kept them in an airight container til I needed to fill them. Kept filling in ziplock bag with a small hole cut in in corner for easy filling."
"These taste great, but get soggy quickly. I would suggest not having leftovers. Maybe not fill all the cookies at once, so they don't get soggy"