Berry Cherry Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- Coarse sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Mix sugar, tapioca and salt. Place cherries, raspberries and lemon juice in a large bowl; toss gently with sugar mixture. Let stand 15 minutes.
- 2. Unroll one pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; trim pastry to 3/4 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling; dot with butter.
- 3. Unroll remaining pastry; cut into 2-1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. Whisk together egg and milk; brush over lattice top. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
Cover edge loosely with foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 5-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked pie. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 400°. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 451 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Berry Cherry Pie
"it's the best cherry berry pie i've ever tasted"
"One of my family's favorites. I have given this recipe to many women who have also loved it."