Berry Cheesecake Dessert
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 2-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into the crust.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the center is almost set. Carefully spread sour cream over the top. Bake 10 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until thickened but not set.
- Carefully pour a third of the gelatin over sour cream layer. Arrange strawberries over gelatin; pour remaining gelatin over berries. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 319 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 26, 2018
Five Stars! Thank you Jo, followed recipe exactly. Everyone enjoyed it. This will become my go to recipe. Taffy
Apr 15, 2014
Made this exactly as called for. Sour cream just sat as a blob on top of the base and added nothing to the flavor of the dessert. The dish LOOKED nice, but really just a cheesecake square with a side of strawberry jello. I don't think the topping was at all taste compatible with the base. For this reason, I would not make it again.
Aug 3, 2013
I made this last 4th of July. Was a big hit with family and friends. Will definitely make again!
Jun 11, 2013
Went over very well at a recent potluck. I did use gluten free vanilla wafer crumbs rather than graham cracker crumbs. I ended up using frozen strawberries, and it worked out fine, but the fresh berries would be the best.
Jun 18, 2012
Great dessert. The jello soaked into the cheesecake layer, so it wasn't as pretty but it tasted great.
Jul 7, 2010
Easy to make and a nice summer dessert.
Oct 20, 2009
My family ate and ate. They could not get enough. It was an easy way to serve cheesecake
Aug 6, 2009
I made this recipe last night and it was not a big hit. The textures did not go well together.
Jul 12, 2009
This is soooo gooood. I will definately have to make this again. Did not change a thing. Yummy just the way it is printed. baker 1576
Jul 7, 2009
I made this over the weekend and it delicious and I'm going to make it for my son when I go to visit.