Our Test Kitchen is the source of this fantastic fruit bruschetta. It's a tasty twist from the traditional tomato variety and can be served as an appetizer or a dessert.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 French bread baguette (1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
- Cut baguette into 32 slices, about 1/2 in. thick; place on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with oil. Broil 6-8 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- In a small bowl, combine the strawberries, peaches and mint. Spread each slice of bread with cheese; top with fruit mixture. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 slices: 154 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Berry Bruschetta in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006