This golden berry-filled coffee cake is crowned with even more plump, fresh berries. “Living on a farm in Wisconsin, we love using the blackcaps (wild black raspberries) that grow in our woods,” says Sheri Kratcha of Avoca.
Recommended: 17 Festive Christmas Brunch Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or blackberries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 5 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk. Fold in raspberries.
- Pour half of the batter into an 8-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray and dusted with flour. In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm cake. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Berry Brunch Coffee Cake in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p55
Reviews forBerry Brunch Coffee Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2015
"This is one of our favorites. My husband asks for this often."