- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 jar (3-1/4 ounces) macadamia nuts, chopped
- For strawberry spread, in a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Drain strawberries, reserving 1/4 cup juice for bread batter. Add 6 tablespoons berries to the cream cheese; beat well. Set remaining berries aside. Chill spread until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. Combine the eggs, oil, reserved berries and juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the nuts (batter will be stiff). Transfer to two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Serve with spread. Yield: 2 loaves and about 1 cup spread.
Reviews forBerry Bread with Spread
"This is a great recipe!"
"This is a great recipe! Very easy to make and always a hit."