- 6 tablespoons berry blue gelatin
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 2 cups cold water, divided
- 6 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 18 Popsicle molds or paper cups (3 ounces each) and Popsicle sticks
- In a small bowl, dissolve berry blue gelatin powder and 1/2 cup sugar in 1 cup boiling water. Stir in 1 cup cold water. In another bowl, dissolve strawberry gelatin powder and remaining sugar in remaining boiling water. Stir in remaining cold water.
- In a small bowl, combine half of the berry blue gelatin mixture and half of the strawberry gelatin mixture. Place all in freezer for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until slushy. In a large bowl, swirl the three colors as desired. Fill each mold or cup with 1/4 cup gelatin mixture; top with holders or insert sticks into cups. Freeze. Yield: 18 pops.
Reviews forBerry Blue Pops
"6 Tablespoons came out to one 3 oz packet. Be sure to freeze the 3 colors (red, blue, & purple) slightly before mixing. My kids love them! Pretty sugary for adult tastes.:)"
"6 tablespoons is 1 package.Just made those. Mine turned all purple. I think they forgot one step in the instructions. This is my 1st time cooking with jello (I'm French; we don't eat jello), so I'm a little perplexed. I think I should have put the remaining blue and the red jello in the fridge to solidify and then swirl.I'll try again with that method and see if it works better. Either way, my kids can't wait to eat them..."
"Not sure how to buy 6 tablespoons of the gelatin -- can you equate to packages. And what if sugar-free is used -- how much then? Sorry to appear totally confused -- probably missing something! Have a great day!"