Berry Blue Icy Summer Treats Dessert
Kids will just love these cool and refreshing treats on hot summer days. It's exciting to come up with new flavors. —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) berry blue gelatin
- 1 package (.13 ounce) unsweetened berry blue soft drink mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- 10 disposable plastic cups (5 ounces)
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil
- 10 Popsicle sticks
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, gelatin and drink mix in boiling water until dissolved. Add cold water. Pour into cups. Cover each cup with foil; insert sticks through foil (foil will hold sticks upright).
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. pan; freeze. To serve, remove foil and plastic cups.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 108 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Icy Summer Treats Dessert in Kid Friendly Cooking and Crafts
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.