Berry Best Smoothies
“This fun recipe is a wonderful way to use up over-ripened bananas and to help my family get 5 daily servings of fruit and veggies,” says Pamela Klim from Bettendorf, Iowa. “It’s so quick, easy and filling—and my kids absolutely love it!”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- 12 ice cubes
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 medium ripe banana, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process for 30-45 seconds or until smooth. Stir if necessary. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 108 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Triple-Berry Smoothie in Light & Tasty August/September 2007
Jun 5, 2016
My raspberries were real tart, so I added a heaping tablespoon of raw sugar to the blender with the fruits. I also used fat -free skim instead of the half n half, but next time I'd use some light yogurt.
Nov 18, 2008
ya baby and im a kid