- 1 each fresh red and golden beets
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 ounce fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Place beets in an 8-in. square baking dish; add 1 in. of water. Cover and bake at 400° for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, honey, salt and pepper; set aside. Cool beets; peel and cut into thin slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the beets, berries, walnuts and shallot. Pour dressing over beet mixture and toss gently to coat. Divide salad greens among four serving plates. Top with beet mixture; sprinkle with cheese and basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBerry-Beet Salad
"This was my favorite summertime salad. I eat beets regularly with oil and vinegar. This recipe was a nice change! Makes a great presentation for a luncheon get-together. I served with homemade scones. So good!!"
"This is a great salad!"