- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 to 2 cups barbecue sauce
- In a large saucepan, combine berries, sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in desired amount of barbecue sauce; cook 10-15 minutes longer or until thickened. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews forBerry BBQ Sauce
"I didn't have blackberries so I replaced with thawed, frozen rhubarb...I think you could use almost any fruit combo. Delish"
"made this for some pulled pork and loved it! it made so much that i froze most of it; hopefully it freezes well."