- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. Place with fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, orange juice and barbecue sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook and stir for 10-12 minutes or until cranberries pop and sauce is thickened.
- Brush some of the sauce over roast. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°, brushing often with sauce. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forBerry Barbecued Pork Roast
"I also used a can cranberry but I used the jelled one ( it's what I had on hand) . I also didn't have orange juice, but I had the concentrate and it came out wonderful! I used half concentrate to the recipe and water for the other half. Much less sugar also. I loved it! will definitely make this again. Maybe use it on a ham next time :) ."
"I entered this in my local county fair with a few changes. I used a pork tenderloin, 4 cups whole berry cranberry sauce( couldn't find fresh or frozen cranberries anywhere), omitted the sugar because of the canned berries, and accidentally doubled the salt and pepper. I also ended up baking it for about 60 minutes. The dish got 1st place with comments on how juicy and tender it was. There wasn't much left by the time I picked the dish back up. I've had several requests for the recipe."
"my family loved this recipe...."
"This is my favorite roast pork recipe. I used tin whole berry cranberrys (as cranberries were not available at that time). Used only 1 Tbsp. of sugar (as cranberry sauce sweet enough)and added the barbecue sauce with orange juice. I baked the roast w/the lid on. Really delicious. *****"