Our active family is full of big eaters. So I’m happy for our raspberry patch, our apple orchard and pie recipes like this one. You can substitute frozen berries for fresh.—Heidi Jo Keranen, Bruno, MN
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 cups coarsely chopped peeled tart apples
- 3 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and tapioca. Add apples and raspberries; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge.
- Spoon filling into crust; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- Bake at 375° for 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and apples are tender. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Berry Apple Pie in Country Woman October/November 2009, p21
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Berry Apple Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review