Berry Apple Crumble
Meet the Cook: You can serve this crumble as a snack, and it's also great for a breakfast gathering or church supper. It is good hot...and good on the second day as well. We're the parents of six grown children and grandparents of 11. -Ginger Isham, Williston, Vermont
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 8 to 10 tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Place the apples in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and apple juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add butter, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Pour over the apples. Sprinkle with berries. In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour and walnuts; add oil and syrup. sprinkle over berries.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown.