Berry Apple Crumble
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 8 to 10 tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Place the apples in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and apple juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add butter, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Pour over the apples. Sprinkle with berries. In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour and walnuts; add oil and syrup. sprinkle over berries.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 295 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 28mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 5, 2020
lOVE THIS RECIPE. oNE THING COOKS HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IS SOGGY TOPPING. I ALWAYS PUT THE TOPPING ON A COOKIE SHEET AND BAKE IT FOR FIVE MINUTES OR SO TO CRISP IT UP BEFORE PUTTING IT ON THE FRUIT. THIS MEANS THAT THERE IS LESS TIME FOR IT TO GET SOGGY WHILE BAKING THE DISH.