“Almond shortbread cookies cradle a delightful berry filling for this Christmas cookie favorite. They’re unbeatable!“ says field editor Helga Schlape from Florham Park, New Jersey.
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 3/4 cup raspberry filling
- Edible glitter or confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds.
- On a heavily floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. With floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters, cut into desired shapes.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Spread 1 teaspoon raspberry filling on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Sprinkle with edible glitter or confectioners' sugar. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Berry-Almond Sandwich Cookies in Taste of Home December/January 2006, p17
Reviews for Berry-Almond Sandwich Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review