VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons almond paste
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 12 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups mixed fresh berries
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Place the first eight ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Lightly brush both sides of bread with butter; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Spread cream cheese mixture over toast; top with berries and sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Berry Almond Bruschetta in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p210