Berry Almond Bruschetta
I've made Italian-style bruschetta as an appetizer for years, but this berry version is unbeatable! It can be served both as a snack and as a dessert.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons almond paste
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 12 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups mixed fresh berries
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Place the first eight ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Lightly brush both sides of bread with butter; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Spread cream cheese mixture over toast; top with berries and sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 176 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Berry Dessert Bruschetta in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011