Berry Almond Bruschetta
I've made Italian-style bruschetta as an appetizer for years, but this berry version is unbeatable! It can be served both as a snack and as a dessert.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons almond paste
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 12 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups mixed fresh berries
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Place the first eight ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Lightly brush both sides of bread with butter; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Spread cream cheese mixture over toast; top with berries and sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 176 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Berry Dessert Bruschetta in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.