Berries with Banana Cream
This yummy dessert from Kari Caven of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho is just the thing for spring! The airy banana-orange cream and a hint of spice nicely complement the fresh berries.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Divide the berries between two serving bowls. In a blender, combine the sour cream, banana, orange juice concentrate and sugar; cover and process until smooth. Spoon over berries. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 156 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Berries with Banana Cream in Light & Tasty April/May 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.