Berries & Swedish Cream Tartlets
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups mixed fresh berries
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup heavy cream; let stand for 1 minute. In a small saucepan, heat 1/2 cup sugar and remaining heavy cream over low heat until mixture reaches 160°. Remove from the heat and pour over gelatin mixture, stirring to dissolve. Stir in extracts. Cool slightly; refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream until blended. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a small bowl, toss berries with remaining sugar. Place 1 tablespoon cream mixture in each tart shell; top with berry mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 tartlet: 77 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Feb 9, 2014
These were tasty. The cream was not as smooth as I would have like, with some "chunks" in it from the gelatin that wouldn't go away no matter how hard I stirred. The chunks were less obvious once the dessert was put together in the shells. Everyone liked them. Topped with strawberries and blueberries.
Jul 6, 2012
These were a BIG hit!! Great recipe. The only thing I had questions on the the Phyllo dough. I had never used them before and the pkg directions were not that clear. But they turned out amazing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.