Berries ‘n’ Cream Roll-Ups
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 large egg yolk
- 10 slices bread, crusts removed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and egg yolk until smooth. Spread 1 tablespoon over each slice of bread. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long edge. In a shallow bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar. Brush roll-ups with butter; coat with cinnamon-sugar.
- Place seam side down in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Serve with sour cream and strawberries.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 186 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 5, 2013
In my opinion I would give this recipe 10 stars. I did not change any ingredients or measurements, made exactly as recipe says. The filling filled 10 slices of bread with no filling left over. After cooking, I placed the roll-ups on a wire rack to cool a while and served them with strawberries and whipped cream. Delicious!!!!