Berries ‘n’ Cream French Toast
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 8 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, marshmallow creme and vanilla until smooth; set aside.
- For syrup, in a small saucepan, bring strawberries and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into berry mixture. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; keep warm.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs and milk; dip both sides of bread in egg mixture. On a lightly greased hot griddle, cook bread over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. To serve, spread each piece of French toast with cream cheese mixture; top with strawberry syrup.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 30, 2009
THIS IS LIKE DESSERT FOR BREAKFAST! I HAD A SIMILAR DISH AT A RESTAURANT & WAS ON THE LOOKOUT FOR A CLONE RECIPE. THIS IS EVEN BETTER. THE MARSHMALLOW CREAM REALLY MAKES IT.