- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or greased aluminum foil; draw a 9-3/4-in. circle on each. Spoon a fourth of the batter onto each circle; spread evenly with a spoon to within 1/4 in. of edge. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine the sugar, confectioner's sugar and cornstarch. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream and sugar mixture until stiff peaks form. To assemble, place one cookie layer on a large serving plate. Top with 1-1/2 cups whipped cream mixture and 2 cups of mixed berries. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining cookie layer and whipped cream mixture. Arrange remaining berries on top. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forBerries 'n' Cream Torte
"We sliced with a serated knife with no problems at all."
"I have made this recipe twice and both times brought rave reviews and many requests for the recipe. it is easy to make, beeutiful to look at and tasty too. Can't beat that."
"How do you cut it without it crumbling? It is beautiful and I'm sure it tastes great."