Start the day off right with this dreamy, creamy breakfast treat from Lesa Michelle Hefner of Elk City, Oklahoma. “My husband and I first tasted this delicious dish at a bed and breakfast where we celebrated our anniversary,“ she shares. “It’s really easy to prepare but tastes like you fussed.“
Recommended: Breakfast Ideas for People Who Don't Like Eggs
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 8 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, marshmallow creme and vanilla until smooth; set aside.
- For syrup, in a small saucepan, bring strawberries and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into berry mixture. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; keep warm.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs and milk; dip both sides of bread in egg mixture. On a lightly greased hot griddle, cook bread over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. To serve, spread each piece of French toast with cream cheese mixture; top with strawberry syrup. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Berries 'n' Cream French Toast in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p46
Reviews forBerries 'n' Cream French Toast
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review