It's about time someone created an ice cream sundae just for adults! I frequently make this dessert to use up juicy berries during peak summer months.—Emory Doty, Jasper, Georgia
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 ounces dark chocolate candy bars, chopped
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Vanilla ice cream
- Slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, toss berries with vodka and sugar. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Place chocolate and butter in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate and butter; stir with a whisk until smooth. Cool 15 minutes.
- Serve berry mixture over ice cream. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Berries & Chocolate Sauce for Ice Cream in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014