Belgian-Style Carrot Coins
• “I received the recipe for Belgian-Style Carrot Coins years ago from a neighbor,” notes Billye Crumlish of Dallas, Texas. “I’ve lost touch with the neighbor but not with this recipe. It’s my family’s favorite way to eat carrots.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add the carrots, water, sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until carrots are tender. Stir in the cream, parsley and nutmeg. Bring just to a boil; remove from the heat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 240 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Mar 21, 2010
We like this recipe because it is so easy to make. I especially like the creamy taste!
Sep 13, 2009
Very simple and definitely something I wouldn't hesitate to make again.
May 29, 2008
Great Side Dish.