Beets & Greens Salad
Take some greens, add some beets and cheese, then complete with a little crunch! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 12 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2/3 cup champagne vinaigrette
- 3 cooked red or golden beets, sliced
- 2/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup salted pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- Place greens in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Top with beets, cheese and pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 86 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Beets and Greens Salad in Taste of Home October/November 2012