- 2 large fresh beets
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Place beets in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until tender. Cool; peel and cut into 1/4-in. strips.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar and mustard until blended; gradually whisk in oil. Add the sugar, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the beets, onions, mint and 2 tablespoons vinaigrette. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, orange sections, beet mixture and remaining vinaigrette; toss. Top with raspberries. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBeet Spinach Salad
"The only thing I did different is that i did not put in the mint. It was very good."