Beet, Grapefruit & Onion Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 6 medium fresh beets (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large ruby red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 2 small red onions, halved and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°. Scrub beets, trimming tops to 1 in. Wrap in foil; bake beets on a baking sheet until tender, 50-60 minutes. Remove foil; cool completely. Peel, halve and thinly slice beets. Place in a serving bowl.
- Whisk together next six ingredients. Pour over beets; add grapefruit and onion. Toss gently to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 161 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 4, 2019
Love he earthy beets with the bitter grapefruit! The colors of this salad are show stopping!
Jul 10, 2018
I thought it was very good, even though I am not a fan of cooked beets. I think I will try it with raw beets next time.