My husband loves, loves pickled beets. I paired them with a little citrus for an Eastery salad. It has such a great color combination! —Michelle Clair, Seattle, Washington
Recommended: 33 Bright Winter Salads
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 medium fresh beets (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large ruby red grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 2 small red onions, halved and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°. Scrub beets, trimming tops to 1 in. Wrap in foil; bake beets on a baking sheet until tender, 50-60 minutes. Remove foil; cool completely. Peel, halve and thinly slice beets. Place in a serving bowl.
- Whisk together next six ingredients. Pour over beets; add grapefruit and onion. Toss gently to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Beet, Grapefruit & Onion Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2017