Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium potatoes (about 1-1/4 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook potatoes in oil for 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir in green pepper and onion; cook 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the beer, broth and brown sugar. Stir into vegetables. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cook 2 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 262 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 17, 2011
i used this recipe for a St. Pat's party, and it was a big hit! I had two people make them and they doubled the recipe for a big crowd. It was great with the cornbeef and cabbage and the ham we served.
Aug 24, 2010
we loved this even picky 2 yr old.. it gives a great taste, only thing I will do different next time is cut potatoes up smaller to get more of the flavor and be easier to cook
Apr 14, 2010
This is a keeper. My husband asked for it again.
Sep 1, 2009
Great recipe!!! My picky eaters love it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.