- 1/3 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Assorted crackers
- In a small saucepan, bring beer to a boil. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- In a food processor, combine the beer, cream cheese, blue cheese, mustard, onion, pepper sauce and garlic. Add cheddar cheese; cover and process until well blended. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Let cheese stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers.
2 tablespoons: 84 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.