Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Assorted crackers
- In a small saucepan, bring beer to a boil. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- In a food processor, combine the beer, cream cheese, blue cheese, mustard, onion, pepper sauce and garlic. Add cheddar cheese; cover and process until well blended. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Let cheese stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 84 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
May 22, 2013
My family and friends love this recipe, but if you don't love blue cheese you will not like it at all! I always get asked for the recipe. My son in law will put a little out and hide the rest in the refrigerator for himself to eat later.
Jan 28, 2010
The blue cheese kills it. Just kills it. Blech.
Nov 29, 2009
This was horrible!! We threw it aways.
Oct 27, 2009
Wow! I don't think the other reviewer liked this. We thought it was good overall. I think the mustard comes through too strong. I don't know why it's called "beer" cheese since there is so little beer in the recipe.
Dec 18, 2008
This was the worst cheese spread I have ever had! I followed the recipe as is and it tasted awful!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.